Monday, August 5, 2013

The KUBRICK Experience






Stanley Kubrick was.
Not an easy director
Made No easy movie.
He was all but simple.

In one shot
Stanley Kubrick could
amaze you
Disgust you
Or even frighten you
He didn´t say anything...
He hadn’t thought over and over and over again,
specially on his films.
Both magical and disturbing.
There is always a message underneath
Hiding
Between day and night
Mind abuse or torture
And the Powerful MASTERMINDS 
who enforce that  over the weak

Kubrick hides himself inside images
Empty immense halls.
Perfectly-well
orchestrated shots full of meaning.

He mirrored his long shots
left and right  
opposites and equals
and standing in the middle…
the character

He usually went
where no one really wants to go
by using colors or the absence of it.
backgrounds with Subliminal pyramids
evil eyes everywhere
Sexuality or the lack of it.
a typewriter
a Barbie doll
a rifle
a bomb

the masked orgy
the power of children 
the abuse of images & music
the dawn of men


We may never know what was going
on inside him,
most of his characters are like him
haunted,
they have bad dreams,
suffering of
a stressful alienation.
as Kubrick showed us
He basically  lacked
communication with the one´s
he loved.

2 comments:

  1. I remembered when I see my first movie of Kubrick, 2001 Space Oddisey, it were awsome, because he could reflect the paranoia for been an astronaut. Then when I saw A Clockwork Orange, I for the first time in my life, I felt like if I been inside the criminal mind of that gorgeous film. The best of him indeed.
    However, when past away on 1999, he left a hudge space, that I think, it's going to pass a lot of time, such as directors, to get a realistic film better than Kubrick's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man... a genius indeed... I just really dislike Kevin Chostner 4 his post apocalipshit waterworld madmaxlike b movie, because Kubrick didn't made his A.I. and Spielberg did whatever he did... not bad but not Kubrick...

    ReplyDelete