Friday, June 7, 2013

Will he ever return?





That is the question… (SPOILER) At the end of the 1960 movie H.G. Wells' The Time Machine with Rod Taylor. George Welles the main character has disappeared. GONE. Traveled back to the future. But he took with him 3 books…
Which books would you have taken to educate a new society? Asked my dad to me.
My dad always taught me and my brothers to see any kind of films but he started by the classics .
Before Brando or De Niro or Pacino…
In the same generation of Heston and Olivier
If I had to tell anyone how to begin to see movies I would recommend the movies of
4 actors I admire.
One played Hamlet, one played Sherlock Holmes, one played Captain Nemo & one played The Invisible Man

Claude Rains
Basil Rathbone
James Mason
John Gielgud

Take a look at 1938´s The adventures of Robin Hood or 1954´s 20,000 leagues under the sea, 1939´s The Hound of the Baskervilles or 1980´s The Elphant Man and you will understand what was acting. What a Movie was. Not just selling tickets.

3 comments:

  1. hey!
    Interesting idea… The movies before they were in control of the finance lords, mmm… when it tried to emulate art… completely agree…
    The thing with cinema in general is that mostly it represents a society, a political vision, the philosophical, sociological or even educational trend, which is basically pushed towards all this intentions by credits, money, tax exempts, etc. the view of the establishment... I guess that anything that we like is with or against the rules of the time that we were formed, those ideals that launch the way we see the world…
    But, what I really find interesting is which three books you would take?
    I would take three that I have never read just to finish them… ja! and let them have their society’s dawn without our interference, intelligence, sciences, philosophy, engineering, sociological behavior or any kind of input…
    But if I really really need to take 3 books I would pic Orwell’s animal farm and 1984, the third would sound even weirder, Maquiavelo’s the Prince. Those three just to remind me not to take control and try to teach them love, respect and art…
    But that is only me, with my background, education and personal point of view…

    ReplyDelete
  2. hum... agree... thant interesting... the thing is.. I ve not wath any of those movies... uppss ineed your help hihi

    abourt the books... the prince. agree!.and why not? the petit prince too hihi and of course the lord of the rings...

    mmm no.. maybe another one instead the petit prince, it is too small... I´d need some book long enough hihi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or just take author book compilations, jr Tolkien complete works, Orwell complete works and for the kidz, the little prince... :)

      Delete