Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My favorites

1978 was the year i was born. I have no clue to how many movies i´ve watched since. But i´m sure of something... I LOVE going TO THE MOVIES. I asked myself 10 questions as i revisited different films as well as stages of my life in the  process.....

1)My favorite COMEDY
I guess it depends on what mood you're in that day
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, CAVEMAN,,,, 
If i had to pick just ONE:  
TOP SECRET Because ... Val Kilmer as a young ELVIS PRESLEY type of ROCK STAR going to sing to NAZI GERMANY. The MOST RIDICULOUS MOVIE PLOT EVER. 
But it works. The way AIRPLANE did. Top Secret pushed further. Nonsense everywhere. Not taking anything serious. Doing good parodies to ICONS and POP CULTURE is not easy.  


2)The film I WATCH the most
There are two films i watch almost every week The Social Network or Moneyball.




 I don´t really know if its Sorkin´s way of writing dialogue or the long moments of silence and reflection that both movies soundtracks HAVE. But i´ve lost track on how many times i´ve watched them .



3)My favorite SOUNDTRACK

Crazy Heart 

I LoveJeff Bridges acting and I love COUNTRY music !! JUST EPIC! I´m a fan of his work since I can recall ....he made The last Picture showKING KONG on the 70´s with Jessica Lange all the way through the 80´s with TRON and the 90´s with BIG LEBOWSKI. A LEGEND.

4)My favorite CONCERT movie
METALLICA -ORGULLO PASION Y GLORIA 

UNbelievable is to meet  your idols. 
FCKN AWESOME!!! to have it captured ON A MOVIE.  
Inside CHAPTER 23 holds the testament of:
whatever you wish can become true. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!


5)The film i love that NO ONE else has HEARD OF

It´s a tie between my two favorite comedians...
Peter Sellers and Gene Wilder.

BEING THERE is Peter Sellers PERFORMANCE of a lifetime. As a Stan Laurel(ish )character who is the victim of everyone´s assumptions. After facing the death of his long time employer the life of Chance, a simple gardener will never be the same.





FRISCO KID is a "buddy movie " featuring the talents of Gene Wilder & Harrison Ford can you i magine that. Avram the rabbi and Tommy the outlaw TOGETHER??? It´s a wonderful light comedy set in the Old West Gold Rush to San Francisco.




6)the film that always makes me CRY
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Gene Wilder makes an awesome performance as a scary ,crazy owner of a Candy World Corporation. But i have to say it is Peter Ostrum (Charlie) whose performance floored me. Every time i  watch Charlies face when he opens that Wonka Bar searching for the last Golden Ticket. 



7)the film i LOVE that everyone HATES

GOAL
Kuno Beckers performance is not the best, neither is his english. But at least he tried. Whenever i catch it on TV i watch it full and enjoy it. As ROCKY  did on the 70´s it is the story of an UNDERDOG who wants BIG THINGS. To play professional footbal in ENGLAND. Maybe because I love soccer. I would´ve loved to play professional soccer.


8)the film i will NEVER watch again
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM 
It gave me too many nightmares. 






9)the FIRST movie i ever saw
Cinderella 

One of my aunts took me to the movie theatre when i was like 3  but after it i was a little dissapointed because the story wasn´t about the adventures of little mice but about a princess and her step mother. But i loved eating popcorn.





10)the film that SCARES me the most
PET SEMATARY 

It is really scary TO ME beacause it deals with the relationship of DEATH AND LOVE and the circle it makes in our lives. As many fear DEATH because of what it takes away. Stephen King uses that unconditional LOVE to trick us into watching a film that is very, very dark. Rooted within us is the question ..what if we had the power to bring someone back to life? To me that is a scary thought.



1 comment:

  1. mmm...
    1... comedy? dude where is my car?
    2... films... i watch the most? Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner, SW all of them... Prometeus... sci fi... je
    3... favorite soundtracks... 1. Peter Gabriel's Passion & Birdy, Heavy Metal, Requiem 4 a Dream, Moon... too many... sorry 4 this man... not just one...
    4 concert movie, and all that could have been...
    5 filme i love none one else have heard of... the naked lunch?
    6 makes me cry and don't even wast time on it? anything that has to do with certain manipulative event that lead to an invitation to control the petrol of another country...
    7 i love everyone hates... have no clue
    8 i will never watch again? a movie with brangelina...
    9 first movie i ever saw... can't remember, must be something like pinocchio or bambi...
    10 the film that scares me the most... anything with tom cruise as a dude saving the world of an alien invation... no seriously? it's a scene where the girl is holding her baby brother and the baby is pointing at her back where the phantom is... what a beautiful moment...

    ok... a hugh!

    ReplyDelete